A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within an established Groundworks organization. We are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our busy commercial team.
As a result of the regions continued growth a position has become available for a junior QS in our newly established Winchester office, you will be reporting direct to the Commercial Director (Southern) who will work with you to develop your knowledge and experience within groundworks on some large sites within the local area for some national house builders.
The ideal candidate will be able to show adaptability; a willingness to learn and succeed; a passion to develop into the industry and have a general knowledge and understanding of construction.
A junior QS would be working toward taking on a portfolio of their own and we would expect this person to eventually be able to work the full start to end process (which will include but not be limited to):
- Review drawings that have been passed over from the Estimating team to understand and familiarise themselves with site
- Arrange and lead pre-start meetings with the production team; buying department; health and safety department and engineers
- Arrange pre-start meeting with our clients, surveying and production team
- Tender for different sites by required dates
- Management of subcontractors and their accounts inclusive of re-measures on-site/subsequent account meeting to agree payment values
- Once job has been won, request final drawings and work through them to ensure that any changes/extra quotes are actioned
- Receive and action orders, set up valuations and CVR’s (Using Microsoft Excel)
- Deal with a constant stream of in-coming calls from site that will need a quick and re-active response
- Liaise with Site Supervisor about the on-going works on site
- Constantly look at ways to maximise profitability.
- Work to strict deadlines toward the end of the month to ensure that valuations are sent out to clients on time.
- Once valuations are received, chase outstanding invoices and money. You will need to be able to develop and maintain key relationships with our clients to be able to successfully manage any outstanding monies
- Constant review of drawings throughout the month
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure previous months spend doesn’t have any outstanding issues
We are looking for someone who is:
- Good communicator
- Strongly able and want to learn more about products and problems/solution
- Computer Literate
- Has (or is working toward) a full UK driving licence
- Good communication skills, verbally and oral
- Able to manage projects
To apply please send a relevant CV to email@example.com