We are looking for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our busy commercial team.
The ideal candidate will be able to show adaptability; a willingness to learn and succeed; a genuine desire to develop a career in the industry and preferably a basic understanding of construction.
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor you will be working towards a qualification at college alongside your day job at the company – you will need to be committed to both and be able to balance work and study effectively.
The successful candidate will be learning about and assisting with the following key tasks:
- Review drawings that have been passed over from the Estimating team to understand and familiarise themselves with site
- Arrange and lead pre-start meetings with the production team; buying department; health and safety department and engineers
- Arrange pre-start meeting with our clients, surveying and production team
- Tender for different sites by required dates
- Management of subcontractors and their accounts inclusive of re-measures on-site/subsequent account meeting to agree payment values
- Request final drawings and work through them to ensure that any changes/extra quotes are actioned
- Receive and action orders, set up valuations and CVR’s (Using Microsoft Excel)
- Deal with a constant stream of in-coming calls from site that will need a quick and re-active response
- Liaise with Site Supervisor about the on-going works on site
- Constantly look at ways to maximise profitability.
- Work to strict deadlines toward the end of the month to ensure that valuations are sent out to clients on time.
- Once valuations are received, chase outstanding invoices and money. You will need to be able to develop and maintain key relationships with our clients to be able to successfully manage any outstanding monies
- Constant review of drawings throughout the month
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure previous months spend doesn’t have any outstanding issues
We are looking for someone who is:
- Good communicator
- Quick to act
- Computer Literate
- Well organised
You will also need to be either able to drive or close to passing your test.
To apply please send a relevant CV to email@example.com