During our ongoing successful expansion plan, a position has become available for an experienced senior level Health and Safety Advisor to work within an established groundworks and civil engineering company, based in our Winchester office. You will be reporting directly to the SHE Manager and working within an established team to cover a wide region of new build housing sites.
We are a professional owner managed ground works and civil engineering contractor delivering outstanding earthworks, as well as drainage and waste water management systems, working closely with large national housing developers across the South West and Western Home Counties.
In order to be successful in this role we will expect the right candidate to be able to:
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel with the implementation of the Company Procedures
- Advise on all current occupational H&S and environmental legislation
- Build upon good client relationships and work with their H&S teams to improve safety performance across the house building industry.
- Develop and maintain a ‘continuous improvement’ ethos in the approach to health, safety and environmental issues
- Reviewing clients Construction Phase Plan & all project information to ensure all relevant HS&E issues are understood by the correct people/teams & addressed within Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) & working practices
- Production of Construction Phase Plan
- Carrying out of Tool Box Talks, behavioural training & workforce consultations
- Carry out investigation of incidents to establish the root cause and preventative measures.
- Assist with audits and inspections of health & safety practices that will be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
- Ensure that the SHE objectives are embedded on site and owned by the relevant management teams and supervisors
- Drive Safety, Health & Environment compliance across a multiple sites and provide support and advice directly to the line management.
- Support Management team at meetings with Clients and providing information as required.
- Create an ‘open’ challenging culture to ensure our operations are safe and motivate individuals to SHE improvements.
- Drive ‘Near Miss Reporting’
We are looking for someone who is:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality presentations at all levels
- Good influencing and persuasion skills are essential
- Ability to be an agent and facilitator of change
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Computer literate (Microsoft packages) and ability to produce high quality documentation
- Successful candidates will possess a NEBOSH General or Construction certificate, and be a technical member of IOSH (TechIOSH) as a minimum.
- Candidates with the NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5/6 would also be advantageous.
- Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (Desired)
- Good understanding of SHE legislation
- Successful Candidates will possess a background in a groundworks/construction environment.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of current Health, safety and environment legislation.
- Providing Pro-active support to the business as it aims to continually improve.
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to learn, develop and grow in the role
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- Environmental Qualification such as IEMA
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com