During our ongoing successful expansion plan, a position has become available for an experienced senior level QS with proven good leadership and management background who will enable sustainable sector leading bottom line performance within the Swindon region, and ensure the regional business plan/gross margin targets are safely and ethically achieved.
You will report to the Swindon Regional Director and build and maintain key working relationships both internally and external to:
- Support the Regional Director to develop and deliver annual business plan
- Support the Regional Director to maintain robust pipelines of opportunities and tender win rates that deliver the target bottom line without compromising client satisfaction.
- Ensure there are strong multi-level relationships with existing and potential new clients with a view to promoting Tithegrove.
- Ensure legal/contractual and commercial matters are appropriately considered, represented and controlled in bid processes – client and supply chain
- Manage risk in a safe and ethical manner from tender through to contract completion making sure HSE considerations are never compromised.
- Establish and communicate understanding of the value drivers of the business, and identify profitable commercial opportunities to increase gross margins.
- Ensure Management System performance targets and benchmarks are consistently met or exceeded
- Manage the recruitment, selection and development of commercial staff in your region
- Effectively manage your team(s) and ensure all staff are motivated and committed
- Work with your team(s) to provide clear roles & responsibilities and have regular competency assessments
- Develop a clear succession plan for all key roles in your teams and monitor “rising stars”
- Manage the production of contract CVR’s in your Region, and interrogate on a regular basis the contract cash flows and profitability accounts
- Ensure subcontractors are managed strategically, fairly and developed in line with the regional and overall business plans
- Liaise with accounts department to ensure previous months spend doesn’t have any outstanding issues
We are looking for someone who is:
- Analytical and has a good eye for detail
- Methodical approach
- Can work both pro-actively and re-actively
- Can take accountability
- Be self-disciplined
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm and professional
- Strongly ablility and want to learn more about products and problems/solutions
- Strong mathematical and IT ability
- CSCS Card
- Ability to quantify, assess and analyse information
- Has good team work; leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Drive and willing to travel
- Good working knowledge and experience of groundworks and/or housing