Are you someone who is ready to take the first steps in your construction career to receive specialist industry training and progression to managerial roles?
As part of our growth plan we are excited to offer a development opportunity for a Production Assistant to join our fast-growing company in the successful and established Swindon based Production team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who can clearly demonstrate passion and willingness to learn, ideally has a Construction or Civil Engineering background and who wants to build their career in the groundwork and construction sector with a company that will invest in continuous industry training.
Our newly created role will be to support our existing Project Managers/Contracts Managers with processes and procedures; provide administrative support for the creation of programmes for delivering works, in line with current safety and quality standards; support with identifying changes and additions to contracts/scope of works; assist with co-ordination of direct and indirect production staff ensuring safety, quality and timescales are maintained throughout, and to support with identifying safety hazards on site.
You will report to the Swindon Regional Production Manager but will work with a wide network of internal staff including CM’s/PM’s; Health and Safety Team; Site staff (Gangers’ and Production); People and Development Team as well key external relationships to:
- Assist PM in ensuring that all Tithegrove H&S Procedures and Policies are followed throughout the PC and Construction Phase
- Assist with and support the induction of all companies under the direction and control of Tithegrove
- Assist in the assessment and control of Site Specific Risk, and ensure all staff under our direction and control understand and comply with the risk assessments and method statements associated with their work
- In conjunction with CM/PM Ensure that any training or competency requirements for site staff are identified and addressed.
- Work with PM to ensure systems are in place for effective co-operation and co-ordination between multiple gangs on site.
- Proactively communicate and manage known significant risks to and with all stakeholders on site
- Provide administrative back up for Tithegrove programme working with the client, CM, PM, Surveyor and gangers to achieve high outputs without compromising safety or quality.
- Assist in the on-going development and execution of traffic and material management plans for the site
- Assist with the site wide procurement planning and Early Warning System to ensure materials and subcontractor orders and start dates are notified in optimum time.
- Work with PM to ensure compliance with Tithegrove systems and procedures, in particular document and drawing control
- Assist PM/CM with identification, recording, communication of and authorisation to proceed with changes and additions to the contract specification and/or scope of works
- Assist with and administrate the quality inspection and control processes on site
We are looking for someone who:
- Is keen to develop and want to learn more
- Can take direction from a number of people
- Has a positive, can-do attitude
- Be self-disciplined and reliable
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent IT ability (including full MS office suite, SharePoint would be advantageous)
- Good communication skills
- Drive and willing to travel
- Working knowledge and/or experience of groundworks and/or housing
- Construction related degree/equivalent qualification
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org