We are looking for an experienced buyer in our Swindon office. You will work in our procurement department and report to the Head of Procurement.
This is a very busy and hands on role that will require someone with knowledge of market participants, lead times and price trends. You will need to have proven negotiation skills and experience of using a dedicated procurement system.
A team player used to working in a noisy and fast pace environment, you will need to be able to adapt your communication style to a variety of different audiences and be comfortable liaising with construction site operatives.
You will need to be able to:
- Become fully competent in using the company’s procurement systems for external plant, materials and waste suppliers.
- Work with the Head of Procurement to, ensure plant, materials and waste processes are purchased at the most competitive price, delivered on time and meeting the quality standards set by the company.
- Follow and improve current processes to update all relevant processes and procedures, including the COINS system to ensure purchasing through to invoicing is carried out at the correct rate.
- In line with the company requirements, maintain professional relationships with suppliers ensuring effective alignment with the company’s needs and objectives.
- Strive to continuously identify new suppliers for new operational areas
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with all internal departments associated with the procurement function, ensuring that requirements and targets set by departmental managers and agreed by the Head of Procurement, are constantly adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Head of Procurement, continuously improve purchasing methods, maintaining the need to drive down external spend.
- Carry out comprehensive reviews of suppliers, identifying and implementing continued improvement to supply chain management
- Ensure that the organisation and methods of the buying department facilitate efficient and profitable working by Production.
- Ensure that you maintain a customer service ethos, are responsive to, and communicate effectively with, other internal departments and production sites.
- As and when required, process orders for the supply of goods and services through to completion, ensuring efficient delivery and quality as set out by production requirements.
- Protect the company’s requirements, standards and objectives as a priority throughout the department.
- Provide reports on meeting outcomes with suppliers and inform Head of Procurement of any issues arising from these meetings.
- Ensure the integrity and reputation of the company are, at all times, upheld.
- 5 years + Experience within a similar Construction Buying Position.
- Strong written and verbal communication Skills.
- Experience using Microsoft office programs.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org