Tithegrove have an exceptional opportunity for a Qualified Management Accountant to join our rapidly expanding and well established Swindon based Groundworks and Civil Engineering company offering a suitable salary and benefits package.
We are a professional owner managed ground works and civil engineering contractor delivering outstanding landscaping, earthworks, as well as drainage and waste water management systems, working closely with large national housing developers across the South West and Western Home Counties.
During our ongoing successful expansion plan, a position has become available for a confident and pro-active Management Accountant with experience of managing the recording of financial transactions in order to produce accurate management accounts and essential management information for controlling business performance and liquidity. You will also be required to work with other departments to ensure necessary information is provided to aid their decision making and provide financial analysis.
In this central Accounts function you will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller with the support of the Accounts Assistant within our dedicated team of 7 to:
- Prepare and enter accruals and prepayments
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reports that fairly represent Company performance and contain no material errors by ensuring, for example, that systems and procedures are in place to accrue for outstanding costs
- Ensure that all financial transactions have been processed to provide accurate financial information
- Design and implement systems to satisfy the business requirements and provide internal training when required
- Ensure that the calculation, reporting and payment of VAT is compliant with HMRC requirements
- Ensure that ongoing housekeeping takes place on the ledgers:
- Ensure that the month-end balances on the supporting ledgers (Purchase Ledger, Subcontractors Ledger, Contract Sales Ledger and Sales Ledger) are checked to the Nominal Ledger control accounts and that errors are investigated and corrected.
- Ensure that all other Balance Sheet control accounts are periodically reconciled and balances explained at year-end
- Seek independent verification of the Company’s records where possible. In particular, ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are undertaken and that Purchase Ledger and Contract Sales Ledger account balances are reconciled to supplier and client statements
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and P11D register, calculate and post depreciation. Arrange finance for new assets when required
- Produce and maintain a monthly cash flow projection to enable planning of Purchase Ledger and Subcontract Ledger payments
- Manage your CPD
We are looking for someone who:
- Has knowledge of House Building industry (would be an advantage)
- Has knowledge of COINS software (would be an advantage)
- Is ambitious to succeed and build a career
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Experience of month-end processes and preparing financial reports or management accounts
- Strong analytical and numerical skills demonstrating an ability to identify and react to emerging issues
- Excellent communicator written and verbal
- Determined, proactive and focused to meet the challenges that the role will bring
- Confident, self-starter, with the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Good attention to detail , whilst maintaining the ability to view the bigger picture
- Ability to meet deadlines and recognize the importance of completing allocated tasks