We have an opportunity for a junior buyer to start in our Swindon office to coordinate the company’s materials, plant and waste procurement functions. You will work within a team of 6 in the hard working and busy procurement department and report to the Head of Procurement.
We are a professional owner managed groundworks and civil engineering contractor delivering outstanding landscaping, earthworks, as well as drainage and waste water management systems, working closely with large national housing developers across the South West and Western Home Counties.
This is a very busy role that will require dedication, strong administration and customer service skills. In order to succeed you will need to be a team player and be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- As guided by the buyers ensure requisitions required by production are delivered to safety, quality, cost and time requirements. Ensure, best value is always achieved
- Recommend suppliers, maintain and monitor contracts to encourage continual improvement
- Carry out supplier performance reviews in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements
- Provide accurate, competitive and timely prices to the estimating department for tendering purposes
- Maintain strong relationships with key suppliers in all regions. Find and implement new supplier relationships as appropriate to manage our risk of reliable and value for money supply.
- Administer existing supplier price amendments, rebates or allowances monitoring rates ensuring competitiveness and value for money.
- Administer supplier records and schedules ensure up to date information is available for reporting purposes
- Administer and maintain site ordering records, to allow effective reporting on first choice supply and ensuring margin % is achieved at all times
- Ensure at all time that agreements with suppliers in terms of Health & Safety issues, Sustainability and Bribery Act compliance are adhered to
- Administer and support system and process improvements
- Investigate and rectify all material related invoice queries within the specified time scales
- Proactively reduce the number of invoice queries received into the department
- Strong written and verbal communication Skills.
- Experience using Microsoft office programs.
- Strong administration and customer service
- Driving Licence
- Construction Industry Experience
- Procurement Environment
Please send CV to email@example.com