After a thorough selection process we have appointed a company called “The Geeks” to:
• help us map our ideal processes for the future
• choose and procure the right technology and systems
• support us to update / implement revised processes and systems as appropriate
This is not a wholesale ‘out with the old, in with the new’. Their brief is to help us keep and improve the best of what we do now, update obsolete systems, introduce new processes where we currently have voids, eliminate unnecessary ‘legacy’ activities.
A series of workshops have been completed to identify how our business systems currently operate and how these should look going forward. Throughout the workshops several key people from each department have raised pain points, and shortfalls as well as ideas, suggestions and comments for improvements to our current systems, processes and way of working.
The next round of workshops has now started, and they will:
• Allow greater detailed review based on the outcome of the Mapping Workshops
• Identify the systems that will allow us to operate as identified in the Mapping Workshops
• Decide how we will integrate existing and ‘off the shelf’ systems in to the new processes (i.e COINS)
• Build a design brief for any proposed business systems.