An opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to join our successful and growing team in our Taunton office reporting directly to the Regional Director.
Overall purpose of the job:
You will be calculating the price of time, labour and materials for a specific housing jobs with some national house builders, and then put together a bid.
- Manage tenders in the value range of £100k to £8m, from start to finish including:
- Section 278 works
- Produce accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements
- Achieve target win rates in line with business plan and agreed with you personally
- Complete elements of larger / more complex tenders working closely with Senior Management
- Contribute positively to the successful mobilisation of secured contracts
- Support the development of colleagues and trainee staff
- Maintain and create strong and positive working relationships with clients
- Full UK driving licence.
- Estimating/pre-contract management experience
- CSCS card
- Strong building experience/background/knowledge.
- Knowledge of the groundworks aspects of house building would be an advantage
- Commercial acumen
- Capable of financial analysis
- Maths and IT skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills, verbally and oral
- Able to manage projects
To apply please send a relevant CV to email@example.com.