An opportunity has arisen for an Estimator with previous groundworks experience, to join our team in Swindon.
We are looking for someone who also has strong IT skills, the ability to create and maintain good working relationships with clients and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team.
Overall purpose of the job:
You will be calculating the price of labour, plant, materials and subcontractors for a specific housing jobs for our clients who are prominent national house builders, and then putting together a bid.
- Manage tenders in the value range of £100k to £8m, from start to finish including:
- Section 278 works
- Produce accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements
- Estimating/pre-contract management experience
- Strong building experience/background/knowledge.
- Knowledge of the groundworks aspects of house building
- Full UK driving licence.
- Visual Precision experience
- Knowledge of Valesco
- CSCS Card
- Commercial acumen
- Capable of financial analysis
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
If you think this is the right role for you – please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com