We are looking for 2 people to co-ordinate the company’s bulk material and fuel procurement function, ensuring best value materials are delivered to site.
You will need to have previous experience of procurement within a groundworks environment.
With a key focus on quality and delivery your main areas of reponsibilty will be:
- Ensure materials and fuel required by production are delivered to safety, quality, cost and time requirements and that at all times best value is achieved.
- Recommend suppliers, engage in supplier negotiations, maintain and monitor contracts to encourage continuous improvement
- Carry out supplier performance reviews ensuring fulfilment of contractural obligations and service level agreements.
- Work with production teams to ensure proper assessment, and roll out successful material innovations.
- Provide accurate, competitive and timely prices to the estimating department for tendering purposes
- Maintain strong relationships with key material suppliers in all regions
- Find and implement new supplier relationships, as appropriate, to manage our risk of reliable and value for money supply.
- Co-ordinate the MOS surplus process, ensuring materials efficiency and usage. Organise the transfer of materials between contracts as required
- Ensure at all time that agreements with suppliers comply with Health & Safety, Sustainability, Bribery Act and Modern Slavery compliance.
- Suggest, implement and support system and process improvements
- Proactively reduce the number of invoice queries received into the department
If you are interested in applying for this role please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information contact Ceri on 01793 509671.