As part of our expansion plans, a position has become available for a Assistant Estimator in our established Yeovil office, you will be reporting to the regionally based Estimator, who will work with you to develop your knowledge and experience, working in a groundworks environment, on large client sites for a number of national house builders.
Our ideal candidate will be able to show adaptability; a willingness to learn and succeed; a passion to develop and have a general knowledge and basic understanding of construction.
You will be working with assisting and taking on a portfolio of your own and we would expect you to eventually be able to work the full start to end process (which will include but not be limited to):
- Managing tenders from start to finish including, foundations, roads and sewers.
- Produce accurate costs, and identify key risks and opportunities to enable effective tender settlements
- Complete elements of larger / more complex tenders working closely with senior staff
- Contribute positively to the successful mobilisation of secured contracts
- Maintain and create strong and positive working relationships with clients
We are looking for someone who is:
- Good communicator
- Strongly able and want to learn more about products and problems/solution
- Computer Literate
- Has a full UK driving licence
If you would like to apply for this role please send us a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org